Thursday, July 29, 2010

36 Weeks, 1 Day

Today I had a great doctor's appointment!! Dr. Abbott says Violet's heartbeat is good, and that she is "not too big"! (that's good news for Mommy) After an internal exam she told me that the baby is really high. This would explain a lot of the uncomfortable pain up in my ribs, and shortness of breath. I won't be having another ultrasound unless she doesn't drop within the next few weeks. That being said, the Dr. told me she believes I'll be delivering closer to my August 25th due date and not within the next few weeks. My cervix is still completely closed, so Violet has plenty of time to gain some more weight before we see her! I was so glad that Mom was able to come with me today - so "Thanks MOM" - since Steve had to work! So far Violet has been a very good baby, and everything has been happening right on schedule as Dad pointed out to me this morning. Let's hope she keeps that up after she leaves Mom's tummy!

Here is the 36 update (Can you believe only 4 more of these to go?!):
"Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly." - courtesy of babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment