Wednesday, July 14, 2010

34 Weeks!

Watch out world, there's a crazy hormonal pregnant lady on the loose!!! (and it's ME) Here are some ways to avoid being caught in the emotional fire-storm:
1. Please don't tell me I look tired, I already know!
2. Don't wake the sleeping beast - for any reason!!!
3. If you work with me, steer clear of candy bowl comments - I don't care if you don't like what's in there, you're lucky I filled it today, so get OVER it! :)
4. Keep me cool....if I start to sweat, run for the hills...
5. Offering a back rub can only help your situation!
I am quite sure that Daddy Steve could add a LOT more to this list, so maybe I'll just leave that to him. For now, this should keep most of you safe!

In all honesty, I am doing my very best to keep the irritability at bay, but some moments are literally un-controllable. Steve has really done a fantastic job of loving me despite the beast that lays within! I know it has to be hard on him but we've finally got a system (I think) that sort of works. When he says something that would potentially set me off I give him "the look" and he gives me "I'm sorry" and we can end it right there - lol!

Physically, I feel pretty great. I do have occassional back aches, VERY frequent bathroom trips, and some moments where it's hard to catch my breath. All of that is pretty easy to deal with and very standard for most pregnancies. Most days I just feel so lucky to have had such an un-complicated pregnancy and I hope the last weeks through my delivery remain the same. Now there's only 6 more weeks until we meet our daughter!

Update at 34 weeks:
"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies." - courtesy of babycenter.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warning! lol But time has sure flown by so fast! Can't wait to meet little Violet!

    ReplyDelete