Wednesday, July 21, 2010

35 Weeks!!!!!

I think it's starting to set in that within a few more weeks my DAUGHTER will be here, in my arms, in my life forever! I am so extremely excited to meet her! I keep telling her that she has to wait 2 more weeks so I can hit the magic number 37 weeks, then she can come out. We'll see if she listens to me or not. My guess is probably not if she's anything like her Momma!

Monday night my Mom came over and we got Violet's room all set up the way I want it, and all the boxes in the closet (still packed from moving) unpacked and put away. The chair rail still needs to go up, and the pink needs touching up in some places, & we still need window treatments, but I can rest easier knowing if she came today, she would have a nice room to come home to!

I keep looking at Steve every night thinking how lucky we both are, and how lucky Violet is to have him for a father. He loves her so much already, I get overwhelmed when I think about the first time he gets to hold her, and be there for her right from the beginning. I am so lucky to have the Dad that I do, my only regret is that we didn't meet him sooner. I never knew what I was missing until then, believe me I was spoiled and loved and surrounded with lots family as a baby! I just keep thanking God that Steve is my partner in parenthood and we are doing this together from the very beginning.

As usual, here is the 35 week update:
"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight." - courtesy of babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment