Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Giving my worries to God

I'm not sure if it's every first time mother, or just a select few, but the past weeks have brought on serious fears. I read about other women's pregnancies and see their photos, and it sometimes brings in the worries! Why am I not showing like the other women (some of which are huge by the way)? Is the baby growing enough? Is the baby's heartbeat still strong?....and the list goes on and on. I was sharing this with a pregnant co-worker of mine, and got some really great advice. She said, "You have to believe that everything is okay, and if it's somehow not okay - it will all work out". This reminds me of the book I read months ago, Traveling Light by Max Lucado. It stated how you can't carry around all this baggage all the time, you have to let go of the fears, the worries, and give them to God. No amount of worrying ever prevented anything from happening. So today, I make the promise to myself, and to Baby Schoff that I will put my worries into God's hands and trust that He will take care of all of us. I love you Baby Schoff.....Momma can't wait to meet you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment