Wednesday, March 31, 2010

19 weeks today!

On one hand, I cannot believe that I am already at 19 weeks, just one week shy of my half-way point! On the other, waiting to find out what we're having feels like it has been an eternity!! The one great lesson of pregnancy, I'm finding out, is patience. Patience is not something I'm great at. You could say I am the "I want it and I want it now" type personality!!! No one knows more about this than my Steve-O! (well, besides Mom & Dad) He has been so supportive, and so patient for the both of us, reminding me when it's best to just chill and let it be! So I will now prepare myself for 2 VERY LONG weeks of waiting.....as patiently as possible! :)

19 weeks goes like this inside my tummy:
"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid." - courtesy of babycenter.com

In a sadder note, please send your prayers for the Roessler family. My dad's long time friend, Marlin, and his daughter had to rush back to Minnesota early this morning with the news that his mother would probably not make it through the day. My prayers are with him and Megan and the entire Roessler family...

No comments:

Post a Comment