Monday, June 28, 2010

A Letter from my Sister...

Sherri sent me this email following the baby shower last week. It was so touching, I just had to share it with everyone:

Sarah,

Becoming a mother is the most incredible thing that will happen in your life. All of the things that used to annoy you about your own mother will now make sense and you will have a complete new respect for all the woman in your life who are a mother too. When I talked about the book of Esther at your shower I really did want to make a point that being a woman is not easy...but it is the most amazing thing we can do. You are really assisting God in a miracle right now by helping him to bring Violet in this world. Esther was a story about an ordinary woman who went on to do really extraordinary things. My prayer for Violet is that she too will be an extraordinary woman. I know that things haven't been easy for you, but now is the time to start fresh and to build a life for Violet that you can be proud of. It won't always be easy--in fact being a mother and wife is the toughest job I can think of at times----but truly it is such an honor to wake up each day and know that I can influence and raise my child using God's instruction manuel. I hope that you realize that the most important thing you can do for Violet is to raise her in God's house. I love you little sister and I can't wait to meet my new little niece.

Love,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment