Thursday, June 10, 2010

29 Weeks

As I was sitting with Mom last night, we were looking at the calendar to see how many free weekends we have until Violet is here. Taking out the weekends where we have plans or my shower, that only leaves 7 weekends to get ready for her arrival! That made my heart race quite a bit. I mean, I realize that I am pregnant, I know my due date, but when you put it like that it just shocked me. In a very short time there will be an entire other human being here, that is completely mine to care for - "for the rest of your life" as Mom put it to me last night and I laughed!! Yes, Mom, I realize that I will be a mother for the rest of my life, and ALL that it entails. As I've come to know very well from a daughter's perspective, a Mother's job is NEVER done. (or a Grandmother's or Aunt's either for that matter)

A day late on the update, since I was 29 weeks yesterday....
"Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day." - courtesy of babycenter.com

This week was also my sweet nephew Jake's 11th Birthday, on June 8th, the same day as my sister and brother-in-law's Anniversary! Here are some photos from the celebration at Olive Garden.

The birthday boy with Mamaw!

Me and Sista Sledge! (aka Sherri)
*anyone else notice how pale I am in comparison....geez, I need a TAN!*

No comments:

Post a Comment