Friday, June 25, 2010

A house does not make a Home

As many of you may already know, Steve was laid off from his 5 year long job with Dixie Safe and Lock at the end of May. Honestly, it was a blessing in disguise beause he had been very unhappy working there for at least the last year. I could immediately tell a difference in him, it was like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders!

A few days ago we got more surprise news....we have to move. We had always had a great relationship with our landlord, and a few months ago, we decided to go ahead and stay in our home for at least another year. We told this to our landlord and he was very happy to accept - verbally. Well, it seems now that he and his wife are divorcing and now he wants to move back into the house we are in. Lesson learned: Get everything in writing!! We explained how much work we had put into the house, that I was 8 months pregnant - but with no success. Finally, he agreed to give us the option to sign a 6 month lease. Nice, I suppose, but that has us moving right at Christmas / New Year's with a 4 month old. Not to mention, there are limited houses available in the winter! We are really having a hard time with what to do. We were not prepared to move at this point in our life or my pregnancy. This was supposed to be the relaxing, "everything's just about ready" point for me...ugh! This was the place we were going to bring our first baby home, with her pink and green walls, and new chair rail.....you get my point! So, I could spend all day hating my situation and cursing the landlord, but what does that really help. Then my sister texted me yesterday to remind me that, "A HOUSE DOES NOT MAKE A HOME". Simple, and true. My home is with Steve and Violet (and let's not forget Sasha, Stella & Shiner) and as long as we are together, I am home.

Thank you to everyone who has sent words of encouragement. I know these won't be the last obstacles we will have to hurdle, the important thing is that we do - and do it together. Love to you all!!

Sarah & Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment