Wednesday, May 5, 2010

24 Weeks & into my 6th month!!

Happy 24 weeks to ME! Well, I started off this morning feeling a little queasy and made a dash for the bathroom, but luckily it was a false alarm!! I am feeling a lot better now, and happy that the weeks are moving right along. My baby shower is coming up in June, and I am really excited to see all my friends and family together on that day, it will be so much fun to celebrate Violet's arrival. I know I have some wonderful people working away on the details, so I'll send a quick pre-shower "THANK YOU" to my Aunt Gay, Aunt Terri, Becky, and my sister Sherri! Love you guys!

I am starting to feel Violet kick and move more and more. Steve was able to feel her moving for the first time last night! FINALLY! I am always wanting him to feel it, but as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, she stops moving. Also, my little Daddy-to-be isn't so patient......so he'll only sit there for maybe 30 seconds so Violet really has to step up to the plate quickly or he loses interest!! I don't blame him, it's gotta be frustrating to wait and wait and feel nothing. Hopefully from here on out everyone else (that wants to) will get a chance to feel her in action!

Here are some early six month photos:

Dad wasn't too excited about taking a picture this day, but he did it for me anyway - thanks Honey!




and now the news for 24 weeks:
"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon." - courtesy of babycenter.com

2 comments:

  1. Your place is adorable! I love the floors. I need to start taking pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs to get interested, she will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete