Wednesday, May 19, 2010

26 weeks

I've been feeling quite tired lately, so yesterday I came home and took a bath to try and get to sleep earlier! While I was relaxing in the tub staring at my growing belly, I was able to actually play with my little girl. I would splash water on my belly, and rub with my hands and right afterwards (almost every time) she would kick or move! Now I can even feel her stretching out because I am getting jabs on both sides of my belly at the same time. Sometimes when she moves really low in the belly, I start to giggle because it actually tickles....that's always fun! Daddy & Mamaw are able to feel her sometimes, but it's mostly something I get to enjoy on my own, which I don't mind at all! The time we are spending together now is very precious to me!

Here's the 26 week update:
"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days." - courtesy of babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment