Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All About Violet

I was searching for jobs that I could do online while on maternity leave, and I had to submit a writing sample to a company. Of course, I wrote about my new favorite topic: Violet! Thought I would share with you...

I am in a wonderful transition point in life. I am about to become a mother for the first time, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that my favorite activity is spending time with my unborn daughter. I try to take little moments throughout my day when I feel her kick or move or roll, and reflect on what's to come in our future. I look at her ultrasound photos and try to imagine what her sweet little face will look like when I see her for the very first time. I'll imagine her eyes, nose, mouth, lips. I can't wait for the first time when I get to smell, yes smell, her sweet baby breath. These times of reflection are priceless to me. On other days when she is really active I will lay on my side and jiggle my belly or rub it, and she'll kick or move in response. This is the best part of our "play time". It's like she is telling me, "Mommy, I am right here, and I love you too". Throughout my pregnancy, I have definitely had my ups and downs. There have been moments of pure elation, and then moments of desperation. The one thing that has kept me going through it all, is that precious baby girl. Anticipating our next "play time", awaiting her next weekly milestone, listening to her tiny heartbeat. Those are my new favorite things in life. In the wonderful, exciting, scary, unknown, but blessed new life I am about to begin. I know that very soon, sleep will be but a distant memory, so will a clean house, and worry free nights. The fact is, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Motherhood is the new welcome stranger in my life, that every day, my growing belly and daughter prepare me for.

2 comments:

  1. All these words are so special. Reading all this brought tears to my eyes. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. I love this. You and uncle Steve are going to be great parents! I love you guys and can't wait to see little Violet :)

    ReplyDelete