Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some things just don't matter...

I worry about the color of the baby's room. I ask myself when we will ever get to putting up the chair rail, or does the bed look good right there? I think about all the things we still don't have, how I wish we made more money, that the house stayed more clean. That the dogs would not jump on the couch, followed with, we DEFINITELY need baby gates.......get the picture? The list could go on forever. Then I take a look at the blog of a young mother that I follow. Just about one week ago, her little girl was stillborn, after finding out that her little heart had stopped beating. Today I finally had the nerve to comment to her, of course, I felt like nothing I could say was good enough, but I had wanted her to know that I think of her every day. When I think of her, and her baby, it makes me realized how extremely blessed I am to still have my sweet Violet growing inside me healthy, warm and happy. It makes me realize how petty and small the details are, and how fortunate I am to become a mother. Violet will never care what color her room is, or how big (if at all) the chandelier is, or what painting is on the wall. What she will know, I will make certain of, is that she is loved more than anything in my entire world. That I will love her the rest of my life without question or condition. She will know smiles, and happiness, and my hugs and kisses. I want to focus on what's truly important, life, love, family, and all the rest can fall where it may. Thank you God for bringing Violet into my life, she has already begun to make me a better person.



If you have time, please send your prayers to Kristin and her family, who I spoke of above. to get to know her and her story you can follow her here:
http://dearbabycook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - you are right! Little ones don't care what the house and room looks like. One of the best gifts in the world is when you child runs up to you to give you a hug and kiss and when half asleep they say "Luv you too"

    ReplyDelete