Tuesday, February 2, 2010

If it's not one thing, it's another!

Today I can celebrate one week morning sickness FREE!!! Although the past week hasn't been without it's nausea here and there, being able to keep my food down has been a blessing! I love to eat, and it makes me a little crazy when I can't find anything that sounds good. Now that we have that under control, pregnancy has thrown me a new bodily function to deal with. Are we ready for this......Constipation! ta-da! I'm not talking about your "I'm a little backed up, think I'll have some prune juice" constipation. We are talking the MOTHER of all constipation - absolutely NO movement whatsoever, spending hours in the bathroom till I nearly pass out constipation!!!! Go ahead and laugh, because let's face it, talking about poo is always funny - until your me! haha So, last night with the help of some doctor recommended OTC medication, I began to try to get some relief! My doctor said I am most likely dehydrated from the prenatal vitamins and nausea, etc.....basically I am not getting enough water! Anyway, after taking the maximum dosage, and waiting almost 8 hours - NOTHING! At 4am we decide to go ahead with another dose, and finally by 6:30 am....success! Not success in the form I wanted it, (if you know what I mean) but at least it was happening. Now if I could just explain to my body that fluids need to stick to their designated hole, and solids need to stick to their own as well....lol! Well, beggers can't be choosers, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment