Thursday, February 11, 2010

12 weeks (or 12 weeks and 5 days)

We had a great visit at the Doctor yesterday! Baby Schoff is growing away, and actually measured at 12 weeks and 5 days and is about 3 inches long! The baby is very active, it was moving all over the place flipping, bouncing, and even did a big stretch for us, which was adorable! I really couldn't believe how much different he/she looks. We finally got to hear the heartbeat, which is what I had been waiting for; it was 159 yesterday! I am so glad that both Steve and my Mom were there to share that special moment. If all goes well, my next ultrasound will be on April 14th. That's when we will find out the sex of the baby!!!!! It's going to be a long wait for Mom, because I am dying to know!

Dr. Poag also mentioned that I have placenta previa, which she said, is very common this early on in pregnancy. That means that my placenta is growing low in my uterus, covering my cervix. She said most of the time this will correct itself as the pregnancy continues. If not, I will need a C-Section when it comes time to deliver. Let's all hope that's not necessary, I would really like to deliver the old fashioned way.....despite all the painful horror stories!! LOL

I also wanted to say thank you to all the family and friends who are so supportive and love reading my blog. I know it may be a little graphic from time to time, but I try to make it funny! I figure if I am going to be miserable, I might as well get a good laugh out of it.

Hope you enjoy our latest photos of Baby Schoff, I know I can't stop looking at them....I'm already a proud Momma!!





1 comment:

  1. I love reading your baby blog! You are right, I can't wait to know...girl? or boy?!!!!

    ReplyDelete