Thursday, August 12, 2010

38 Weeks - 1 day

I had to wait until today to update since my Doctor's appt. was in the afternoon yesterday. No new developments since my last checkup. In fact I haven't gained any weight on my last three appointments. Dr. says I am carrying the baby high, and there is no dialation at all, cervix is completely closed. Therefore, I am scheduled to have an ultrasound next Thursday, followed by my regular appointment. I guess then we will get a more accurate look at what's going on with our little girl as far as weight, and position! I'm looking forward to seeing her face, even if it will be in blurry black and white!!! lol

Her room is completely finished, minus the curtains. We actually have the curtains and the curtain rod, I am just waiting on Daddy to get them hung up. Violet's Mamaw is certain that the reason she's not coming out yet is because we have not hung them! If that's true, we definitely have a little diva on our hands!!

As we all know it could be any time now, the waiting game is the hardest part for me. I am trying to keep myself busy at work, but even that can be challenging! Steve has been such an awesome support. He takes care of anything and everything that I can't. From laundry to making sure my gas tank is full, to running my errands to pick up my prescriptions! I seriously don't know what I would have done without him, I applaud all those single mama's out there who have to man up and do it on their own!! They are brave, brave women! So thank you my love, for not only being my love, but my best friend, tear wiper, feet rubber and constant nurse! You are WONDERFUL, and I love you with all my heart!

....and last but not least:
"Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old." - courtesy of babycenter.com

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! She will be here before you know it :) keep us updated and we will do our best to come out there when she makes her arrival into this wonderful world! :)

    ReplyDelete