Monday, April 18, 2011

God DOES have a sense of humor!

If my calculations are correct (and we find out tomorrow for sure) then I am at 5 weeks and 5 days along today.



I was watching my favorite show RHOC last night, and I started feeling nauseated. I took my anti-nausea medication - promethazine and slept pretty well. This morning I am still nauseated a little, but what's worse is the extreme fatigue! I almost threw in the towel and stayed home, but my lovely husband so eloquently reminded me to "push through it," so....i did...VERY reluctantly! I just sent said husband a lovely email stating, "I wanna go home"!! Then I went on to make some very notable observations.



I thought how funny it is that once you (as a Mommy) have your baby in your arms, it doesn't matter how horrible your pregnancy was, how much you puked, how much you needed sleep, how fat you felt or even how close to death you came bringing that baby into the world. When you look down at her, it's all ERASED, just magically erased from your memory. You look back with happiness at every moment you spent huddled over the toilet, begging for relief! All the while the Man upstairs has got to be looking down with a little giggle, or a smirk?!!!? Well, what's life without a good sense of humor? Thanks GOD! We'll see what kind of comedy I can work up for you this time around!

1 comment:

  1. He sure does have a sense of humor, and from the looks of it he isn't allowing you to have any sense of humor back at Him. Considering you now have not only one baby in the oven but two! :)

    Congrats to the five of you! I can't wait to see your completed? family!

    ReplyDelete