Wednesday, April 14, 2010

21 Weeks, IT'S A GIRL!

We are so happy to announce that we are having a baby girl! We've decided on the name Violet Sophia Schoff. It was an amazing day from the very beginning. At first Violet was really uncooperative in the ultrasound room. The tech even asked us, "Which one of you is the stubborn one?". Well of course I said Steve, but truth be told, it's BOTH of us. Little Miss Modest just wouldn't open her legs to get a good look. After what seemed like forever, the tech had me roll onto my left side and then Wa-lah....we got the shot we were looking for and she said "it's a girl"! I immediately teared up from excitement, and RELIEF. I was so worried we'd be leaving there without knowing the sex, and that would have really stressed me out!!!!!! So, thank you little one for making your Mommy SO happy today! The best part was that she looks very healthy and is growing perfectly. Violet's heart rate was 154 and she weighs 15 ounces (one shy of a full pound - yay). It's such a wonderful sensation to be calling her by name, it just makes everything that much more real. I am certainly counting my blessings today. I know we are so very fortunate to be where we are, and I am thankful to God for blessing our little, but growing family with so much! Here are some photo's from today:



Me and Steve with our Her"SHE"y Bar!
Becky, Mom, Me & Steve at breakfast celebrating little Violet!












No comments:

Post a Comment