Monday, January 25, 2010

Doctor Visit

Today we had our New OB appointment with Dr. Poag. She went over both mine and Steve's family medical history's and answered lots of questions we had. Once again this morning I was sick twice; once at home, and then again at the doctors office. I got a new prescription for nausea along with my old one to see which works better for me. The new one she said will make me very sleepy, which I am glad! That way I can take my pre-natal vitamin at dinner, then take my anti-nausea meds to help me sleep and keep everything down! I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight. Lately, my anxiety has been coming back in the evenings, and since I can't take any anti-anxiety medication, this will be helpful. They also went over all the hospital costs of having our baby.....wow! Our little Schoff is already running up a nice bill. haha Steve said that's okay, he'll make the baby work it off (yeah right) lol!!!! It was too early to listen for a heartbeat, but Dr. Poag did an exam and said the baby is growing nicely! We know we'll be having the baby at Clear Lake Regional, and after my next appointment, my new doctor will be Dr. Abbott, who is Dr. Poag's mother...and she will be the one to deliver me!

On another note, today is a sad day for my family, but especially my Mom. Her oldest dog, Tesse was put to sleep. Having just lost Brock, I know that no matter how prepared you think you are, losing a pet is NEVER easy.(especially one you've had as many years as we have had Tesse). What comforts me the most, is that now she is in Heaven with Brock-oli, and you know the two of them can rest together in peace. I just know they curled up somewhere under a big warm, furry blanket together waiting for the day when they can see us again!

Tesse, you and I had a rough start...I wasn't ready for you because we got you so soon after our Monique had passed....but that was short lived. You won me over with your sweet ways, and always happy demeanor. As I grew up, we've taken many naps together, and had many fun times! Remember the 2 mile walk at Dow Park...haha, you wouldn't come near me for a week!!!!! (Nor would she come out of her kennel, she feels the same way I do about exercise). I'm happy to have been a part of your life, and I am thankful you chose to be a part of ours. I will miss you dearly, and even your "urp's"!! If we've cleaned up one, we've cleaned a million, but it was worth it...you made us smile and laugh....and I'm grateful. Rest in peace Tesse-Mo, you'll be missed every day.


2 comments:

  1. Is Dr. Poag tiny and pettite. If I'm thinking of the correct one I assisted her with 2 C-section. Very sweet and personable. Was good too the staff in the room and to the father in the room. I'm pretty sure it's the same person. Anyways, I love you, just keep a positive attitude and things will come easily to you. Have faith that no matter what you will always have the answer.

    ReplyDelete