Monday, August 15, 2011

Violet and her Papaw

There's just something about my Dad that Violet loves so much! It warms my heart to see photo's like this one below and reminds me how extremely lucky I am to have Frank Payne as a father. Not many men would take on a spoiled little 5 year old and immediately want her to be a part of his family. Even though I missed the precious baby years with my Dad, I couldn't be happier that Violet get's to experience that time for me with her Papaw! I like to think that when God was building her he made sure to include in her "chemistry" the knowledge that this man was going to be very special to her, and it would be a natural instinct to know how amazing he was. You can see it in her eyes when she see's him that she's completely in love with him, and that makes me the happiest Mom in the world. I feel so tremendously blessed to get to experience these moments with the greatest father in the world. My Dad never once let me feel like I missed out on anything, he loved me unconditionally from the moment we met. It takes a special person to do that for someone, and he did it like there was never a question in his mind that I was supposed to be his. Now that I'm a parent myself, I am overwhelmed sometimes when I look back on the life he gave me and the love he gives me every day. It's one of the most amazing feelings I've ever known, to be loved so much by such a wonderful father. So, thank you Dad for being the one that God chose to Father me, nuture, and love me. I love you so much more than I could ever express, and it's obvious that Violet does too. She will grow up knowing how blessed she is to have you in her life! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment