Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Caution! High heels, grass, and carseats do not mix!

A new song.......
Rock-a-bye Violet
In your carseat
When Mommy carries you in heels
She may slip in the grass
Then down will go baby
and Mommy's nice pants!
(no children were hurt during the making of this song)
So here is the scenario...
This morning I am leaving the house, high heels, wearing my PRE-baby work pants (silent applause for mommy). Diaper bag on one arm, Violet in her carseat hooked on the other. We have a one car garage, so I am walking one foot in front of the other trying to stay on the concrete....I hate walking in wet grass in heels! I'm about to reach for the car door when swoosh! My heel slips off the edge of the concrete into the grass, and down I go twisting my right ankle, and landing on my left knee with Violet in my right arm. I mangaged to sit her flat down on the grass in her seat, and when I look up she's still sleeping! (thanks for the moral support Violet - gosh!) OF COURSE, my neighbor is out on his front swing and he jumps up and yells, "are you okay?!". I quickly jump up and say, oh yes, I'm fine I just tripped.....when really I want to flop on the ground next to Violet and grab my knee. Of course I'm way to cool, to do that, so I recover, get her in the car and haul outta there with what's left of my dignity!
Good news is, ankle is fine, knee is not too bad, and most importantly Violet never knew it happened....so don't go telling on me! The knee of my pants took it the hardest, and NO, I did not go back in and change, that would be admitting defeat.
Motherhood is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment